Monday, December 15, 2008

MY ONLY UMLAUT: The Pre-Pants Party Party Mixtape

Haroo-prease, its my first time to contribute here so please be gentle as you enter my hol--I mean soul. I'm extremely high when I did this mix something like 7 hours ago. The title somehow does not have any meaning whatsoever. It just sounded ridiculous, hence, I called it MY ONLY UMLAUT.

With the PRIVATE PKI CHRISTMAS (PANTS) PARTY happening this Saturday, I think its fitting to create a Pre-party party mix. You know, the mix you listen to when the party hasn't yet begun and you're just getting bored and stuff. So, that basically is the main idea.

So, I picked 21 songs. Yes, 21 songs because it's 6:21 PM right now. Oh, no... it's 6:22. Anyway, uhm, basically it's very random but I gave it some deep thinking (induced by uhm...) and decided that I should just pick some of like, crazy shit songs that I would like to hear as we're fixing stuff. So basically, the mix is bombarded with happy, or fast, or pulsing songs. No Christmas song here, folks. Oh okay, I slipped in one as a finale. It's kinda lame, but whatever it's my mix.



My Only Umlaut:
The Pre-Pants Party Party Mixtape


1. Dr. Strangeluv - Be The Boss
2. Johnny Foreigner - Sofa Core
3. Pavement - Kennel District
4. All-Time Quarterback - Dinner At Eight In The Suburbs
5. Giant Drag - Kevin Is Gay
6. The Appleseed Cast - Kilgore Trout
7. Elliott Smith - New Monkey
8. Eileen - Ces Bottes Sont Faites Pour Marcher
9. Eminem - Drug Ballad
10. The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Oh Lord
11. Polaris - Waiting for October
12. Neutral Milk Hotel - Holland, 1945
13. Fight Club - This Is Your Life
14. Apples in Stereo - 7 Stars
15. Hood - Norfolk
16. Glo-Worm - Friday, I'm in Love
17. Johnny Rebel - Nigger Hatin' Me
18. Mates of State - My Only Offer
19. Leaves of Lothorien - Everybody
20. I Heart Hiroshima - Punks
21. Eraserheads - Fruitcake

Basically, it's a mix of like mean ugly things like Johnny Rebel, to something cute like Polaris or Glo-Worms. Then you have what I'd like to call "Group Dynamics" songs. You know, like Leaves of Lothorien can like make everybody sing and dance, like bringing the entire crew together because it's Christmas and we're gonna wear pants.

I'm really tripping right now, so I guess if you're going to our PRIVATE party, then better listen to this pre-pants party party mix. YEY! You know, because it's fun. And I'm hungry.

No comments: